Utrogestan Vaginal® 200mg Capsules is indicated for supplementation of the luteal phase during Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) cycles. The recommended dose is 600 mg/day in three divided doses, inserted deep into the vagina, from the day of embryo transfer until at least the 7th week of pregnancy and not later than the 12th week of pregnancy.
Vaginal progesterone tablets such as Utrogestan Vaginal® are used in 44% of IVF cycles worldwide1. The product has similar clinical pregnancy rate to intramuscular progesterone2 and is supplied with 21 disposable applicators enabling the capsule to be inserted deep into the vagina as required. This local administration offers rapid absorption where it’s needed3.
To ensure those who prescribed the treatment know how to administer the medical and most important gain confidence from knowing how its helping them, Besins Healthcare has developed a range of patient support material which includes an illustrative brochure, an app for smart phones/mobile devices and a website. The instruction on the capsule box provides simple instruction on how to view the website and download the app.
Below is a link to the Summary of product Characteristics (SPC) & Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) which will provide you with more information on the product.
OPTIMISING YOUR JOURNEY RIGHT FROM THE START
- Patients will receive 21 disposable applicators with every box of Utrogestan Vaginal containing 21 capsules.
- The newly designed applicator box will now describe how patients can get access to a dedicated website and app which have useful information about Utrogestan Vaginal
THE DEDICATED WEBSITE AND APP
These materials are designed to:
- Provide clear consistent information
- Reduce time to train patients
- Help patients remember when to take their treatment
- Create a more enhanced treatment experience
- To view the website go to: www.utrogestan-vaginal.co.uk
- To download the app: Search for Utrogestan Vaginal on the App Store of Google Play